Working with a marketing agency: What to expect
Find out if our small marketing agency is a fit for your business.
We believe that success comes from aligning your business goals & your marketing. We’re big fans of entrepreneurs. Such big fans, in fact, that we made a pledge on Day 1 of our business to never act in anything but our clients’ best interest. For that reason, we developed this document, which helps inform potential clients about what to expect when working with Blank Page Consulting – so that they can make a fully informed decision when choosing the firm they want to work with. Please read through this document fully and then let us know if you’d like to talk about your company’s goals and Blank Page’s role in helping you find success.
What We Do
We offer business solutions such as consulting, training, and marketing to move your company forward. At Blank Page, we’re focused on helping businesses grow. We do this by offering marketing consulting services, business plan development services, coaching, lead generation campaign development, and hands-on marketing services – including website development, search engine optimization, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, content marketing, and more.
We serve as a partner and an advocate for our clients and believe strongly in a collaborative marketing approach – getting their input and voice
What We Don’t Do
Our values in action.
With our decades of collective experience, there are some things we’ve decided we will never do:
- We will never block your access to your own creative assets (websites, social media channels, etc). We believe collaborative marketing, executed in partnership with actively-involved clients produces our best work.
- We will never knowingly advise you to take an action that isn’t in the best interest of your own business.
- We won’t stray from our areas of expertise. We are marketers – not IT or administrative professionals. We will lean on your IT and administrative team to handle their work, while we advise them based on our marketing strategy. If you need help finding experts, we can share resources and solutions.
What Drives Us.
Working toward your success.
Our goals as your marketing agency are to:
- Deliver actionable advice that will help your business succeed.
- Assist in implementing and acting on advice given.
- Develop a voice and strategy, reflective of your company’s values – and executed in line with your business goals.
What To Expect
What clients experience working with our marketing consultants.
When you decide that you want to work with Blank Page Consulting, you will be assigned a project manager who will be your day-to-day contact. Typically, our CEO, Danni EIckenhorst, will be the strategist for your plan, but if you opt to work with Blank Page Consulting, your day-to-day work will be supervised by one of our certified marketing experts who will execute on the strategy by fulfilling all of the elements of your plan.
In the development of your marketing plan, we will determine what goals and metrics we should monitor in order to know how effective our strategy is at achieving your business goals. We will measure these goals over time, and adjust our strategy accordingly.
Your project manager will: -Work with you to learn your brand’s voice -Check in with you for regular updates for social and digital content -Look for opportunities for partnership, cross-promotion, and PR promotion -Hold regular meetings with you to report on progress made toward your goals.
You will be billed on a monthly basis – one month ahead of the work to be completed. If you are working with us for a short-term contract (such as website design), we will ask for a deposit at the start, and payments at set milestones.
Your partner for the long-haul.
Applicable to long-term marketing agreements.
Coaching and ongoing marketing clients who work with us on an ongoing basis work on a retainer basis – with a set number of hours allotted each month. In this way, they have access to our team of experts, working on their long-term goals, as they need them. Working with us on an ongoing basis work on a retainer basis – with a set number of hours allotted each month. In this way, they have access to our team of experts, working on their long-term goals, as they need them. Working with us on an ongoing basis offers advantages you can’t get from a one-off project. We’ll spend time with you to identify your most important goals and develop an action plan to help you reach them. Then we’ll track your performance along the way, offering advice to help you reach your goals faster in regular reporting and quarterly audits.
Our team is available during normal business hours to assist your company, in line with your project scope. For a higher hourly rate, our team can be available for emergency or after-hours work as well. Ask your project manager for details.
Our minimum commitment.
We choose to work on 12-month minimum engagements. Marketing campaigns take time to fully realize success – and so, we ask that our clients commit to a minimum of 12 months of working with our team.
Our minimum monthly marketing agreements are: •5 hours per month for coaching •10 hours per month for active marketing •Variable for short-term projects, such as website builds
Should you work with a marketing agency?
Considering your needs + our value.
When you have the right marketing plan and team in place for your company, your marketing team should:
- Identify and eliminate inefficiencies within your business, and work to eliminate them.
- Will help to establish you and your company as authorities within your industry.
- Reach target customers in a more powerful and cost-effective manner than you could do on your own.
This partnership does require an investment of time and money – which you should consider before embarking on any agreement.
Consider the following:
- Do you have the time needed to onboard your agency and respond to their inquiries?
- Do you have the financial resources to invest in a 12-month plan?
Below are examples of our rates for ongoing work. These may be adjusted, based on your organization’s needs, at our discretion. Any software fees, hosting fees, advertising costs or other fees are additional. We will seek your approval before any costs outside of our approved fees are incurred.
- Marketing Strategy and Coaching Services (Short-Term) $125.00 per hour
- Marketing Services (Ongoing) $95.00 per hour
- Other services such as graphic design, website development and coding, photography and videography are quoted on a project-by-project basis as needed.